COVID-2019: Brown's Pharma takes preventive measures to ensure Client and Employee safety
At Brown’s, we are working closely with the Health Authorities, Chamber of Pharmacists and other relevant offices, to ensure continuous monitoring of the developments with regards to COVID-19. Our main goal is to maintain our commitment to ensure the health and wellbeing of our community. Knowing that our pharmacies touch the lives of 150 employees and more than 70,000 customers in stores monthly, it is important to let our customers, team members and partners know how Brown’s is responding in real-time.
We have taken a number of precautionary measures while ensuring educational information reached all interested parties.
As a company, we are constantly updating our policies in line with the latest recommendations issued by the relevant authorities.
With the situation continually evolving there is a tremendous need for information, education and resources. In view of that we have taken the following steps until 18th March 2020:
- - Maximum hygiene and safety in the pharmacies;
- - Ceasing any Health and Beauty Services offered at Brown’s;
- - Ceasing the clinics for any Health Practitioners, except General Practitioners;
- - Waiting time in clinics is being restricted – patients are required to wait in their car and are called one by one;
- - Perspex glass is installed at the door, to ensure that clients wait outside, and only enter to visit the General Practitioner;
- - Services, EPOS machines, Perspex and waiting areas are cleaned after every client;
- - Clean ventilation is ensured by keeping the doors open and the air conditioning system switched off;
- - A travel ban is issued for all employees and their family members;
- - Ensuring that employees who have travelled are quarantined for 14 days;
- - Ensuring that employees who are showing flu-like symptoms are sent home;
- - Health kit for each employee inclusive of necessary Vitamins, Alcohol wipes, Disinfectant gel and face masks;
- - Handling cash – employees either wear gloves or ensure to sanitize their hands accordingly;
- - Information and education are important to limit dissemination of the virus; therefore, we ensure all employees and customers are kept updated all the time;
- - Product hygiene is important so the returns of any products are prohibited.
As per New directive issued on 21st March 2020, by Malta Chamber of Pharmacists and GRTU; all Community Pharmacies need to close by 18:00 daily.
Brown's is hereby notifying that until further notice, our opening hours are updated and all Brown's locations will close by 18:00.
As of 9th April 2020, all our POYC client can benefit from FREE home delivery.
If you require any additional items, these can be added to your order.
We also take delivery orders for all vulnerable people who live in localities where we have a Brown's Pharmacy outlet.
Brown's will continue to closely monitor the situation through regular contact with the responsible authorities to respond to any developments accordingly.
Date: 10/04/2020, 09:30